A comprehensive financial plan is a road map for your financial future.
We work hard to create a plan that meets your financial goals and then we periodically monitor the plan with you to ensure you stay on track to meet these goals. As life events occur, we help to update the plan so that you can remain on course.
A good financial plan helps answer questions such as:
- What are our important financial objectives, near-term and long-term?
- Are we saving enough for a comfortable retirement?
- Could one or both of us retire early? Or, do we need to work longer than we expected?
- How should we invest our retirement savings for maximum returns within our risk tolerance?
- What options do we have to minimize estate taxes while benefitting loved ones and charities?
- What are my insurance needs and how will they change over time? Do I have adequate life insurance? Should my automobile and homeowner’s insurance be supplemented with umbrella liability insurance? Should I consider long term care insurance, and if so at what age should I purchase it?
- What is the best way to save for college expenses?
- Should I plan to take my social security retirement benefit early, perhaps at age 62; or should I wait until full retirement age?
During the planning process, questions such as these are addressed and recommendations are prepared. These recommendations are woven together with detailed annual projections of income, expenses, and net worth to form the foundation of the financial plan.
We quote a flat-fee price in advance of our planning services and do not receive any outside compensation based on the advice we provide. Because we are an independent, fee-only firm, we can focus on advice that is in your best interests.